Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I love Bangalore..




I lived for almost 10 years in Bangalore and kind of grew with the city. I saw it go through the software boom, the cautious years during the bust and the outsourcing opportunities that followed in almost every field making it a haven for ambitious youngsters. I loved the city; it gave me opportunity to grow my career. I loved the freedom that it gave to young and old. Only time I griped was when violence marred the otherwise wonderful place during 1994 and again during the kidnapping incident in 2000. Last few days reading the reports on the violence that rocked the city with Kannada film Star Rajkumars passing away I was relieved that I did not have to encounter it again. It brought back memories of riding through the city on my Kinetic Honda with tires burning all-around and mobs yelling and screaming.What makes people behave so irrationally when such tragedies strike? Can sanity prevail and can people prevent themselves from being used as pawns by antisocial elements?

4 comments:

Sujith said...

the kind of clippings shown in various channels that day was ridiculous!

aniSH... said...

Bangalore may be the only place where you can beat and kill a policeman in broad daylight, infront of TV cameras as on that day... people-power!!

Sarah said...

i lived in bagalore for 5 yrs..survived the cauvery riots..I was doing my rural posting during the riots and in the village where I was posted there was 24 hr curfew and shoot at sight order.. Dead bodies kept arriving and I couldn't understand how people could kill without a reason..tht is bangalore..

mathew said...

uh..but bangalore has outgrown itself..i feel sad when i think abt the old quiet blore!!!