Thursday, February 09, 2006

Arundathi Roys Writing


Last two days I have been reading Roys book " An Ordinary person's guide to empire" .
Quite compelling read- although there are lots of overlaps in the topics . This is her second book that I am reading, the first one ofcourse being " The God of small things" I feel connected to Roys writing more so because I hail from the same state as she does and understands her anguish and reasoning. I wonder if she would ever get her true place in the literary world. Her strong words on a range of topics is sure to irritate and alienate a lot of people. Would she ever write another fiction? I wish she would - she got that rare gift for writing ( rather the words seems to just flow ..) which eludes most.

1 comment:

Mind Curry said...

one of my favs!!